Wednesday 25 February 2009

Australia my homeland

I was stucked to be able to tell you on how we decided on Australia. I can’t get to a final conclusion myself. We thought it would have been “an Ole Country that went right”, being in the southern hemisphere and sunny. That was our guess.

We booked a flight to Sydney and went for the VISA. At US$150.00 you send them your passport, your last IRS statement, credit cards and bank accounts statement. The result was: multiple entries visa for us, as tourists-of course.

So, we embarked in this journey. My mother gave me some candies to take with me. On arrival at Sydney airport, we were put in cue and sniffed by big dogs at the very exit from plane. Then we were asked whether we had any food. I stated: “no”, because industrialized candies are not considered food any longer. They are more “dead nature” sort of food, since they will still be good after a plutonium bomb erases us from Earth. They passed my hand luggage in X-Ray and discovered the atrocity: “you do have food, sir”. I opened my hand bag and to their utter disgust, there was the key to the crime’s subject. I was alerted NOT to do it again or else I could be fined, jailed, deported or carved a big X on my back, calling me “3rd World gutter”.

This so much for first impressions of the very lovely Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment