Sunday 8 February 2009

Part 03 Friends

Friends: these are the people you always message when you feel alone in the crowd. Gives you an ethereal feeling you don’t belong to the scenario you are in: a tourist in your own environment, while you message them utterly unimportant information. Friends at work: the ones you rely upon when somebody decides it’s time for you to go and get pissed with you when you finally are. Friends for the pub: the ones who get pissed with you. Friends for dinner: the ones who get pissed with you at dinner time. Friends for getting out: the ones who get pissed with you at the Nightclub. I believe the only common thing to all these friends is probably the booze. The booze is the bridge that connects. I personally understand all the accents after my second vodka: from Londoners to Irish, Welch and Scottish.Even from Lancashire. Whenever I go to see a Ken Loach film, I take my vodka with me. By the end of the film, I not only understand the actors, but I clearly recognize what the director wants to say. More than that: my English becomes so sophisticated, that I don’t understand what I am saying. It happened to me once, when I was fast asleep and dreaming: it was all in English-I had no subtitles to my own language, so I remain to this date without really being able to describe it to my therapist.


Films are something I am starting to enjoy visually. I used to read films back in Ole country. Since you are not fluent in English, you pass through the whole film reading it rather than watching it. Now I realized many English speaking actors are not that good. On the other hand, I am being less critical with regards to screenwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment