Wednesday 18 February 2009

My partner and I in Ole Country's living

Rushed back home. To my partner. We did not live in same neighborhood that Idi does. We lived some 15 minutes away from him(by car) in a neighborhood that was once known worldwide for its glitz and glamour. Now it’s the most democratic neighborhood in the world. From a slum in its hill, to prostitutes(females, shemales and plain males)in the streets to multimillion dollars apartments. All in all one of the most famous beaches in the world. Ask Lola.

In the middle(always in the middle, like honey roasted ham) there were us. Living on top of one of the most notorious judges in Brazil, known for his integrity while underneath one of the most corrupt tax officers as well. And me and my partner, the gay couple who devalued the building apartments’ prices- two sluts to stain that monument to bitter reality.

We had been living together for 04 years . We exchanged our vows in New York, after fighting over a dinner in a restaurant exclusively suggested to Ole Country’s up-and-coming, social climbing arrivists: Italian food I requested to take home so I could squash ,mash and compact it into further use on my old rusted bike . Biodiesel.

We did not feel there was much to do for guys like us, other than showing the world we are not weird, or different-a lost battle to prove we are just like normal heterosexual couples-dull and hypocrites. It did not work much, I could tell: my business partners would never invite me back to their places- I worked in a “butch” industry. And I really did not want to attend those places/events by myself anymore. Playing the eternal single, which by itself would have proven that I am not normal because I cannot get into a relation with anyone, other than that guy who would always follow me like a tail. My presence was the opposite of discomfort to them: I was something that they would never ever have become, albeit their married lives frustrations, their failure in business world. They still were not black. Same inspirational thought white trash in the US have.

So, with so much of good stuff/ prospective awaiting us in life as a gay couple in Ole Country, I asked him: “what if we immigrate? What if we find a country where people wouldn’t mind us being a gay couple? And I would look just like Jennifer Anniston in Friends? Aloof, carefree and with beautiful hair?”

Tell you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment